Competitive salary + package
Senior Sales Engineer - Capital Equipment
Supporting an existing, established manufacturing Group with further growth of their capital equipment and solution sales offering, we are seeking a home-based Senior Sales Engineer ideally based in the central England area to target and deliver additional growth in the aerospace, defence, space, marine and specialist industry sectors across the UK and Ireland, and potentially into Europe. This is a direct, new sales growth focused role.
This role will manage and coordinate complex and value-add led sales and business development activities across their UK manufacturing sites and is focused on the identification and delivery of new business, inside and outside of their current client markets. The role will work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure the company grows and remains profitable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Search for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximise client potential in designated regions.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Persuade clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Calculate client quotations and administer client accounts.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Arrange and carry out product training.
- Analyse costs and sales.
- Prepare reports for head office and keep customer records.
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs.
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Help in the design of custom-made products.
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
- Liaise with clients on a range of issues including design for manufacture, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Supply monthly progress status reports to the General Manager.
- Record all relevant information for audit purposes.
To support this role, you must have/support:
- An HND in Mechanical Engineering, or an equivalent qualification or substantial work experience.
- Proven experience of working in within a Fabrication, Machining and Assembly environment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications having strong Technical and Commercial knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and able to work in a team.
- Ability to react to unpredictable situations.
- Ability to deal with complex problems at short notice and resolve issues with the operational team. Sound knowledge of CAD software, namely Solid works and AutoCAD.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- An appreciation of business demands.
- The post holder is required to exercise considerable judgement over when to involve the site General Manager.
- Must have the ability to communicate with Customers, travelling as required.
If you feel you have the expertise and skills to support this role, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.