To £23 per hour (Ltd rate)
Senior Safety Engineer / Advisor
Contract rates to £23 per hour (Ltd Co rate)
Can you offer a proven track record in a relevant expert safety advisory role and experience and involvement with Contractor Safety Management and CDM projects?
You will also require experience of heavy lifting operations and associated processes to control safety to build on the safety culture and metrics in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
This Safety Engineer / Advisor role will see you provide expert input and support to employees and contractors in support of an extensive plant decommissioning program for approximately 12 months.
We require a genuine interest and passion for safety - with a determined attitude to drive safety improvement through use of risk evaluation, cost benefit analysis, shop floor hazard inspection and TOPS 8D investigations.
Requirements for this long term contract role will include:
- The successful candidate will have thorough knowledge of UK H&S laws and approved codes of practice.
- They will have operational knowledge of safety programs such as, but not limited to: incident investigation; contractor safety management; safety system auditing; safety risk assessment; pedestrian and mobile equipment safety; machine guarding; work at height; lifting and rigging.
- The successful candidate will have proven report writing ability. They will be able to negotiate effectively, influence shop floor personnel and able to effectively liaise with external authorities such as HSE.
Professional skills such as effective prioritisation, time management and influencing skills are required.
Applicants will need to have the technical capability to translate unfamiliar Health & Safety legislation or programs into procedures and practical implementation plans and be able to research material as required.
You should be computer literate with proven ability to competently use the Microsoft Office suite and have good communication skills and be able to deliver training
Essential for this Safety Engineer / Advisor role is a NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- An Engineering Degree plus significant prior experience in a relevant safety role.
- Membership of a professional safety institute or industry group is desirable
Applications for this Safety Engineer / Advisor role (ref 53464) are being gathered now, if keen to learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.