Jonathan Lee recruitment requires a Senior Robotics Research Controls Engineer to join a world leading robotics company in the northern Wiltshire area Just outside Bristol. (Relocation options available).
What you'll be doing:
The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent, adaptable and physically capable. This is an opportunity to drive ambitious robotics research programme forward by planning, designing, and applying cutting-edge robot learning methods to solve problems in the real world. The role involves the research and development of systems for future autonomous and intelligent products. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
We are looking for people to help us investigate robust solutions to diverse real-world problems in machine perception, actuation, and intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a supportive environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
With the aim of developing advanced control approaches for floating base robots, this position will be responsible to push ahead the research in the fields of whole-body control, dynamic balance and control software infrastructure. The position will be asked to study, testing and implementing the state of the art control approaches for modern robot platforms.
You will be responsible to find the most effective solution to a practical control problem, and developing it from the theoretical study to the real robot implementation. You will be responsible to test the methods you proposed, to compare them and evaluate their performances and potentialities.
You are expected to be able to work autonomously, and also to be keen to collaborate with the other members of the control team. You are expected to bring your active contribution to push the project you will work on ahead, towards the production as fast and effective as possible, assuring the highest quality level.
- You will be in charge to design advanced control algorithms and developing the mathematical proof of their effectiveness
- You will test the most promising ideas both on numerical simulator and on physical platforms
- You will help the team in the design of comprehensive and cross-platform control framework
- You will be expected to quickly understand the requirements and scope of the project, to propose effective solutions to the presented problems, and provide your contribution to prevent issues
- You will cooperate with designers and mechanical engineers to obtain a control-aware design of the hardware
- PhD in robotics, or equivalent, and 3+ years of experience in control of advanced robots
- Proficiency in mathematical tools for modelling and control of robots
- Strong background on advanced control of robots such as impedance control, whole-body control, dynamic stability etc... Hands on experience on floating base robots is recommended
- Strong experience in C++ and Python for the control of real robots
- Experience and familiarity with ROS, YARP or equivalent
- Experience and familiarity with Matlab, Mathematica or equivalent
- Experience with agile software development for real robot control
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
If this is of interest please send me your latest CV and mobile number. My contact details are - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07947 344040
We also have a £300 referral reward scheme for successfully placed engineers. Please send me any colleagues or friends who you think might be suitable.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.