£55k - 65k per year
about 2 months ago
Job title: Senior Robot Engineer
Salary Range: £55,000 to £65,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hour week with work from home available
Permanent role working for a government backed robot technology development organisation.
The company designs and develops web-based platforms that allow scientists to perform experiments remotely using industrial mobile robots. The end line customers are in various sectors including pharmaceuticals, materials science and personal care.
A Senior Robot engineer is required to join a team of automation chemists to develop and build software platforms in between collaborative robots and laboratory instruments. Robot engineers with KUKA SunriseOS, KUKA LBR iiwa, KUKA KMR iiwa, KUKA Workbench, .NET with C#, Windows Forms and JAVA (basic level or any other imperative programming language with object paradigm) would be well received.
Due to expansion within the automation team this Liverpool based client requires a dynamic, leading Senior Robot Engineer on a permanent basis. As a Senior Robot Engineer, you will be required to:
- Develop robotic laboratory automation systems
- PLC program Siemens S7
- Robotic arm programming (Any Industrial collaborative robotic arms)
- Design of robotic tooling
- Using common communication buses (eg Profitnet, Profibus, Ethernet/IP)
- Develop processes focusing on the development of robotic processes and interaction with laboratory instruments
- Focus on collaborative robotics.
- Developing interaction (both physical as software) in-between collaborative robots and laboratory instruments.
- These robotic processes will be continuously integrated in robotic laboratory automation software that will allow for fully automated scientific experiments.
- Designing software interaction between the cloud system and the instruments, but also designing and implementing specific manipulations, for example for loading an analysis instrument with sample vials
The Senior Robot Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Robotic Process Automation with collaborative robotic arm
- Robotic arm programming (ANY industrial collaborative robotic arm)
- Design of robotic tooling
- Experience with common communication busses (e.g. Profitnet, Profibus, Ethernet/IP etc)
Additional but not essential
- KUKA SunriseOS, KUKA LBR iiwa, KUKA KMR iiwa, KUKA Workbench
- Familiarity with .NET with C#, Windows Forms
- JAVA (basic level or any other imperative programming language with object paradigm)
- Interest in machine-learning and artificial intelligence, in particular Probabilistic Robotics, and Bayesian Optimization for scientific applications
- Experience/interest in lab automation, hardware integration, science in general
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Collaborative Robot arms. In return for your experience, this Liverpool based automation business will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week with work home and site blend
- £55,000 to £65,000 per annum
- Pension company contribution
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Collaborative Robot arms within the automation field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Robot Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.