My client a well respected international electro-mechanical medical device manufacturer are seeking an experienced Senior Quality Engineer - Manufacturing.
Ideally you will currently be a Senior Quality Engineer with a strong knowledge of manufacturing and process engineering.
You will be an effective communicator and have experience of resolving internal production problems, driving improvements through external suppliers and monitoring the effectiveness of counter measures. An ability to read complex component drawings and experience of best practice measurement methods is desirable.
Knowledge of different manufacturing processes such as mechanical and electrical assembly. An understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and experience in auditing is also desirable
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will:
* Lead, co-ordinate and report on quality problem investigations (product, system, process etc.) utilising appropriate department staff, support departments and problem solving techniques.
* Monitor quality results and trends and introduce improvement activities to reduce defects in line with business targets
* Act as a principle interface with suppliers on all component quality matters
* Audit process compliance and counter measure effectiveness
* Undertake internal department audits
* Conduct supplier audits within the UK
* Strong interpersonal skills to liaise and negotiate directly with other departments and suppliers
* Self-starter with willingness to take the initiative and be proactive
* Worked in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment
* Hold a recognised engineering qualification
* Have an excellent understanding of spreadsheets and word processing
* Have knowledge of ISO9000 and experience of carrying out internal and external auditing
You must be a motivated individual, who has the drive and tenacity to prioritise and resolve problems quickly. A can do, hands on approach with a high standard of integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change and be able to lead and act with authority is required for this key position.
This role would suit an experienced Quality Engineer or Senior Quality Engineer seeking to progress their career in Manufacturing Quality. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this desirable Quality Engineering position.