Job Title: Quality Manager
Job Location: Coventry
Salary: Competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package
A Quality Manager is required with knowledge of Supplier Quality and 8D. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company based in Coventry requires a hands-on Quality Manager with IATF 16949 experience for a new permanent role.
As a Quality Manager you will be required to provide quality engineering support in the following areas:
- Setup of in-house quality control and reporting, in particular incoming goods inspection, process control/control plans, final test and sign off.
- APQP process application in particular; control plans, PFMEA etc.
- Delivery of PPAP/ PSW
- Manage resolution of customer and internal quality concerns
- Implementation of internal Quality Standards (eventually to IATF 16949 accreditation)
- Supplier audit
- Attendance in customer project development teams
- In house training of staff for familiarisation of "House of Quality" related topics, APQP, PPAP, PSW
The Quality Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in a Quality Engineering role within the automotive industry
- Ability to work hands on to implement and lead quality control implementation
- Development quality experience (NPI)
- Ability and willingness to travel, particularly China and NAFTA, to implement and support "House of Quality" policy and procedures.
- Ideally degree qualified
- A keen flexible attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally Lean Engineering / Six Sigma experience
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of PPAP and FMEA's to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry-based Automotive company will offer you a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package.
If you have any questions about the Quality Manager role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.