- Senior Project Manager - Warehouse Automation
- UK wide (some European travel required)
- £60,000/year salary plus excellent employee benefit package
- Domestic and international travel & career development opportunities both at home and abroad
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4iR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than 500 euros year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and mobile Senior Project Manager to join a market leading, global organisation who specialise within the Warehouse Automation industry serving household brand names the world over.
Due to sustained growth, we are looking to speak with Project Management professionals with relevant automation solutions to join a growing Projects team where you will responsible for delivery on automated solutions projects valued in the region of £20m for their prestigious customer base.
- Issue progress reports
- Manage both contractual and cost elements of projects
- Maintain and manage the project time schedule
- Ensure with assistance from the design teams that all design requirements are met in line with the customers specifications.
- Ensure that the customer is fully aware of the specifications of the system and is aware of the expected sequence of installation including key dates for customer supply elements such as, power supplies for panels, new totes on site, free issue equipment etc.
- Manage procurement to ensure that lead times are in line with the issued project programme and contract.
- Issue project documentation to the customer for review and approval.
- Ensure customer is correctly invoiced throughout the project.
- Coordinate deliveries of materials to site.
- Develop and ensure detailed test and commissioning plans are created and distributed as appropriate.
- Create and manage the defects log with customer to ensure any defects that are present during the installation and commissioning are captured and that a clear and agreed resolution date.
- Ensure any project milestones are signed off by the customer as required, for example static acceptance, handover, takeover etc.
- Ensure that Site Managers have support to fulfil their role in line with CDM regulation
- Produce Risk Assessments & Method Statements installation works.
- Ensure that full training is given and documented to the customers specification.
- Proven track record in delivering projects across a broad spectrum within an associated industry.
- Minimum HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar discipline Prince 2 Practitioner
- Good working knowledge of MS Project, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of logistical processes and solutions
- Excellent manner with business partners and in-house interfaces
- Knowledge of IT tools used in the own professional field
- Flexible and able to work away from home or attend extended business trips
- Commercial acumen
- Skills in conflict
- Commitment to continuous development
- £60,000/year starting salary
- Car allowance
- Bonus opportunity
- Excellent pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Health insurance
- Company bonus
- Industry leading training and development
- Career development opportunities both domestically and internationally
This is an excellent company to work for, full of enthusiastic and personable, passionate and caring staff and management - operating in one of the most profitable and fast-growing sectors in the world today. If you feel that the above applies to and is of interest to then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' now with your up to date CV or for more information contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.