A Senior Project Manager (Interim) is urgently required by our client who is responsible for the delivery of complex infrastructure projects across the West Midlands. Based at their head office in Birmingham city centre this position will be responsible for several projects including a Bus Station replacement/Interchange development (c£20m) and design and build contracts for multi-storey car parks (c£8m) and the development of public spaces and buildings.
We are seeking an accomplished Senior Project Manager with development and implementation experience who has managed and engaged consultants specific to the projects concerned, including construction contract management.
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Project Management of the development of bus, rail or rapid transit project(s) and/or approved revenue funded corporate project(s) as defined in the approved gated project lifecycle, and as directed by the Projects Delivery Manager and Head of PMO and Projects.
- Working with the Project Sponsor / Scheme Development Manager, the Senior Project Manager shall assist / contribute in identifying and defining the project objective(s), creating a vision of what constitutes a successful accomplishment of the project, utilising the established pre-gateway stages, including identifying the baseline of the costs, programme & outputs for the proposed scheme.
- Having contributed to the definition of the project vision, the Senior Project Manager shall be responsible for identifying and ensuring the appropriate resources are in place to deliver the project objective(s), establishing the work packages required and the detailed programme for subsequent delivery.
- To ensure that the allocated projects (generally of a complex nature) are delivered in accordance with the requirements defined within the approved Sponsors Remit or Strategic Outline Business Case. Ensuring compliance with the processes detailed, and fulfilling the roles and responsibilities outlined, within the approved gated project lifecycle process for project development and implementation.
- Utilising the established gated project lifecycle, the Senior Project Manager shall be responsible for controlling project delivery, monitoring actual progress against planned and putting measures in place where actual progress deviates adversely from the baseline identified during the planning stage.
This is an initial 6 month contracting role with the potential for a further extension. Ideally we will be seeking an individual with extensive project management delivery of construction projects. Candidates degree qualified and members of a relevant professional body is desirable however we would expect this appointee to hold a relevant Project Management qualification i.e. MSP Practitioner, PRINCE2 Practitioner, IPMA Qualified, etc.
In return our client can offer a competitive Day Rate on a Ltd Co. basis and the opportunity to be involved with some of the leading infrastructure developments in the West Midlands. We are seeking to appoint someone for this post asap so an immediate availability would be viewed advantageously.
If you would like to discuss this Senior Project Manager role in more detail then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or send an email and CV .