East London, London
almost 2 years ago
As soon as possible
Senior Project Manager
Food Manufacturing - East London
Excellent salary and benefits.
Our customer is a well-known and respected brand in the food manufacturing and production industry.
Working within the Engineering team and reporting to the Director of Engineering, the purpose of the role is to develop and deliver engineering projects in the UK.
The role will involve Managing the UK Project Engineering team made up of Designers, Process Engineers, Project Engineers and Managers.
Duties of the Senior Project Manager role:
- Work with local site management, the engineering team and external consultants to develop projects in the UK.
- Oversee and support the execution/project delivery including scope definition and control, project cost control, cash flow forecasts, schedules, construction management, training, project coordination and post completion reviews.
- Support the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Provide regular project status updates and complete the required reporting/information provision to key stakeholders as required.
- In developing projects, prepare justifications, drawings and scopes of work and conduct bid walks.
- Ensure the team liaises with central procurement from preliminary investigations through completion on all investigations and projects.
- Manage both staff and contractors to maintain safety in design and construction on all projects - CDM, HAZOP and HSSE etc.
Required skills and experience: Senior Project Manager
- A solid and demonstrated career history working in Engineering Project Management ideally in a manufacturing or production environment.
- A background working as a Senior Project Manager in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical or similar industry is essential.
- Demonstrated experience of Managing project teams on engineering projects.
- The ability to motivate, lead, problem solve and influence.
- Ideally qualified to Degree level or C.Eng.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary