Job title: Senior Project Manager (Inside IR35)
Role: Contract role – Sept 22 until 22nd Dec 22 (potential for extension)
Location: Coventry (CV4)
Hours: Full Time
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead multidisciplinary teams responsible for the feasibility assessment, design, supervision and contract management of new build, refurbishment, and planned maintenance projects across the estate. Where directed carry out design, supervision, and contract management tasks within projects. Many of the projects will be based around refurbishments with an approx. value of up to £250k.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for; assessing project scope, liaising with the stakeholders, assigning all project management systems, creating the specifications, full tender process, CDM, delivery of the project on time and to cost and hand-over.
- Under the direction of a Programme Manager to effectively manage deliver several projects. The projects will normally comprise several major capital in both preconstruction and construction phases at any one time. In addition, you will be expected to manage several lower value capital projects, major maintenance schemes and development appraisals.
- Establish a project plan from inception to completion considering all relevant statutory and Local Authority requirements, establish targets with respect to project delivery; monitor and report on progress against these targets. Manage the preparation of briefs with client departments, managing the preparation of drawings and outline specifications, informed by the completion of land, and building surveys and the preparation of reports, where appropriate, to brief external consultants or to gain appreciation of the user departmental requirements and the proposals. Including in association with the Environmental Sustainability Manager in the Estates Office, take into consideration any environmental issues regarding the projects managed, identify, and implement methodologies and procedures to manage and minimise the risks identified.
- To prepare accurate project estimates and budget costs for schemes including building work, service installations, furniture and fittings, fees, VAT etc and Programme Manager lead the selection, appointment, instruction, and management of external consultants, through a mini-tendering process, and other project specific expertise including in-house design teams, for capital projects. The post holder will provide timely reports on the performance and associated costs and Communicate with the client as and when required to update them throughout the life of the project.
- Liaising with the Purchasing department during the procurement process, including furniture installation, generally using Purchasing Consortium supplied equipment, this may be by separate trades, design, and build, traditional, or management contracting. Carry out contract administration including financial management and settlement of final accounts, liaising with external consultants where employed, reviewing all payment requests made or due in relation to the project. It is expected that the post holder will establish and maintain a robust change control process and be responsible for reporting movements in cost and scope at the appropriate level and seeking approvals as appropriate within the project governance framework.
- Prepare Planning and Building Control submissions, together with the discharge of other statutory and legislative requirements including the duties of Client and/or, Planning Supervisor arising from the CDM Regulations. Ensuring an audit trail is maintained, the production of record drawings of projects for integration into the Estates Office AutoCAD archive together with appropriate data for entry in the Estates asset registrar by the Records Manager. Co-ordinate and disseminate information to all necessary parties, ensuring all Health and Safety at Work (HASAW) regulations are fully complied with (CDM, COSHH etc.)
- Provide technical guidance to team and other Estates personnel and acting as a ‘technical expert’ within a relevant professional discipline. To manage the allocation of team resources both internal and external, within the structure of the projects allocated, to maintain an efficient, cost-effective project delivery.
You should have the following skills/experiences/competencies as the Project Manager:
- A construction related degree or equivalent professional qualification in Surveying, Architecture, Engineering or Project Management. A professional membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g., RICS, MCIOB, RIBA, CIBSE, APM and ICE) (or working towards) or very significant experience of project delivery in a ‘client side’ lead project management position.
- Extensive post qualification experience of managing projects preferably in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the construction process probably underpinned with expertise in a discipline specialism.
- The Estates Team are responsible for a range of projects across all faculties and departments, including sciences, engineering, accommodation, retail and commercial – so the successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate their relevant experience.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now if you have a background in Project Management, Leading Project Teams, Capital Refurbishments, or Estates/Facilities. If you have any questions about the Senior Project Manager’s role, please contact Jordyn Disspain at Jonathan Lee Recruitment using email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.