£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Senior Project Engineer (Powertrain)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Location: Warwickshire (Remote Working Available)
Engine, Powertrain, Design, Development, Prototype, Build, Innovation, Packaging, Integration, Performance, Leadership, Delivery, DFM, DFA, CAD, FEA, Manufacturing
Want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build powertrain systems for vehicle applications predominately within the maritime industry, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Senior Project Engineer (Powertrain) to help integrate their products into bespoke vehicles from concept through to production across their UK sites following a significant recent investment in the business.
The role of Senior Project Engineer (Powertrain) will be to lead the development and integration of powertrain units predominately within maritime applications overseeing all design work and project delivery. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
You will need to have experience of powertrain development, engineering and integration being responsible for the delivery of all projects including new platforms and support for existing combustion engines programmes.
As a Senior Project Engineer (Powertrain) for both products and systems from concept to production, your main responsibilities will include;
- Develops and/or directs the creation of 3D models and drawings on CAD, bills of materials, DVP&R’s and other documentation necessary for the conceptualization, documentation, validation, release and implementation of products.
- Ensures product designs perform as intended, are reliable, and are safe for manufacturing and the end user per the FRD.
- Lead design reviews using FMEA and DFM/A techniques along with developing and overseeing the execution of the Design Validation Plan and Report (DVP&R).
- Analyzes and interprets engineering data including performing engineering calculations to problem solve and support product development
- Interact with Marketing, IP team, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and suppliers to meet the specifications and needs of the customer in the development of new and current products
- Provide engineering and technical assistance to both internal and external customers.
- Thoroughly documents product designs, project activities, communications, verification results and recommendations as required.
- Direct the activities of engineering staff working on assigned projects
- Actively engage in the development and use of “best practices” as it pertains to product development and design knowledge
This is a challenging and exciting role and we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the ability and passion to:
- Degree qualified in Engineering with extensive experience in a product design and development role
- Powertrain development and marine engine experience preferred
- Proficient with UGNX (preferred) or CREO CAD platforms along with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and critical path software (MSProject).
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization.
- Possess well-developed product knowledge, problem solving skills, and project management capabilities
- Proficient in “Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance” (GD&T) and is able to perform tolerance stack-up analysis
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in the design and development of powertrain products, systems and their integration into vehicle and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Project Engineer (Powertrain) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.