Programme Manager, Purchasing
Dynamic Programme Manager required for iconic luxury Automotive OEM based Midlands. This renowned global luxury brand is entering one of the most exciting times in its history, with business and cultural transition and significant growth planned. The procurement team is growing and developing, and seeking to recruit a range of procurement professionals for the journey.
Are you a talented Programme / Procurement Manager , frustrated by lack of career development and challenge? Looking for a senior management role where you can influence, and drive change within your team, provide coaching, mentoring to ensure delivery? This Senior Purchasing Manager role will offer you the opportunity to develop your own career and your team. Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement.
As Purchasing Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, you will manage a team of Senior Buyers and Buyers, overseeing global spend across a range of materials/commodities. Working closely with the senior management team, you will develop procurement strategies in-line with group procurement strategies. A procurement function in transition, you will offer a proven track record of people development, mentoring, coaching and leading your team to ensure delivery.
We are seeking a senior procurement professional, able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record within a leadership role, direct procurement experience within a complex global manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Full procurement responsibility £M++ for direct materials/commodities.
- Management and development of a team of procurement professionals
- Delivery against KPI's for the purchasing function to support organisational growth
- Lead complex negotiations and support the teams in the development of long term strategies.
- Manage a procurement team where talent is supported in its development by training, mentoring and coaching.
- Strong communicator / influencer
- Capability to lead and influence within a dynamic organisation
- Results driven
- Enthusiastic and with a high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent written and presentational skills
In return for your procurement skills and experience, as a Purchasing Manager you will be rewarded with:
- Base salary of circa £65,000
- Bonus up to 20%
- Contributory Pension matched to 3%
- 26 days holiday
- Privilege car lease scheme (x2 vehicles)