£Highly Competitive Rate
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Programme Manager on an interim or permanent basis to join their growing Automotive team, working across 3 sites.
- Lead the planning and implementation of numerous projects, working closely with other project team members, areas of the Group, and where appropriate, third parties, whilst fostering a positive working environment.
- Facilitate the definition of various project scopes, goals and objectives, deliverables, and milestones, liaising with project team members, suppliers and other interested parties.
- Oversee and develop appropriate project plans in conjunction with project team members, suppliers and other interested parties utilising recognised project management tools.
- Define/oversee the definition of tasks for each project and establish and plan resource requirements.
- Define work package breakdown structures and manage project resource requirements and allocation.
- Manage programme risks and issues.
- Monitor and control all programme plans to ensure timely delivery of milestones and other deliverables, providing status reports as required/necessary, and generating updates at appropriate times/intervals.
- Track deliverables using appropriate tools, highlighting actual or potential deviations from projects as soon as possible, bringing these to the attention of the project team whilst adopting a proactive approach and producing proposals to rectify any such situation.
- Record and manage changes to various projects scope, and interventions that may be required to achieve project outputs.
- Construct / monitor revised plans and costings using the Project Variation Request (PVR) process.
- Work with the resource managers to profile and schedule the projects within the Project Portfolio.
- Work with the project managers to summarise the status of their projects by project performance, schedule, resource issues and budget adherence.
- Oversee/assist with reviews of IPR issues within a project; possibility of infringement or protection of design concepts.
- Develop tools and implement process improvements to aid the Project Management Group. This may involve the establishment of a Project Operating Plan (POP) as a generic procedure guide to project management.
- Negotiate with, and balance needs of other resource owners.
- Implement strategies and initiatives to improve overall business performance.
- Ensure quality is maintained in terms of project deliverables and the overall service provided to the client, adhering to any formal Quality Assurance stipulations as may apply or be appropriate.
- Identify and highlight any areas of continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within areas of responsibility.
- Conduct reviews and promote effective communication between all areas of the business.
Experience and Qualifications:
- It is expected that you will be an experienced Programme Manager with a proven track record within the automotive industry.
- Certification within Project Management (e.g. PRINCE2) preferable.
- Strong leadership and verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation with ability to plan and deliver goals to deadlines, managing large budgets within resource constraints at a senior level and under pressure.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.