Strong salary and benefits package
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Birmingham based, outside the clean air zone
Strong salary with perfomance bonus
Small batch manufacturing, SME business
A leading global manufacturing company is currently recruiting a Senior Production Scheduler / Purchasing Lead to join the Operations Team on a permanent basis.
Proven experience within a Production Planning / Scheduling / Purchasing & manufacturing background essential.
You will be a member of the Operations Team, The Senior Production Scheduler / Purchasing Lead will be responsible for scheduling manufacturing within on-site manufacturing cells including CNC, Pressings & final assembly whilst supporting the company OTIF targets, whilst developing strong relationships with raw material supply chain.
This includes the sequencing of the production schedule to maximize efficiencies in setup times and work order release, as well as creating the Master Production Schedule in line with capacity and customer demand.
The key roles and responsibilities of the Senior Production Scheduler / Purchasing Lead role and not be limited to:
- Balance customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements on time and in full
- Develop Master Production Schedule for use in Materials Requirement Planning system to generate requirements for manufactured and purchased parts while ensuring desired inventory levels are maintained
- Responsible for analysing, achieving, and sustaining Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) rules related to master scheduling
- Analyse data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution
- Performs analysis of material and production trends in order to align planning parameters and set inventory levels to protect production against short-term customer demand volatility and sustain Inventory Days on Hand target levels
- Lead Planner-to-Planner activities in the scheduling of company demand for designated suppliers
- Responsible for designated Value Stream's Work Order Leading Indicators, including WO On Time Release, Schedule Accuracy and Schedule Volatility
- Collaborate with Operation Team to ensure alignment with Master Production Schedules and SIOP.
- Support production in the creation of rework orders and the Defective Material Review as required
Key skills and experience required for Senior Production Scheduler / Lead Scheduler role and not limited to:
- Proven experience within a similar production planning / scheduling / purchasing role
- Manufacturing background - small batch manufacturing
- MRP / ERP including system implementation
- IT Literate - Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong People Management skills
- Previous experience of working in a small batch, SME environment is essential
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.