Negotiable Depending on Experience
Senior Production & Design Engineer
Specialist Test Applications
Salary negotiable dependant on experience
Working as a key member of the leadership team you will be responsible for leading a small team in the production and design departments which encompasses electronics and mechanical design in its entirety; this includes, managing live and future projects/tasks, overseeing the health and safety of the shop floor and site work, supporting technical design and building, maintaining and improving customer relations and working with and improving processes and procedure defined by ISO9001/14001.
You will liaise with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships and build new ones, to assist with the company's growth and oversee the managing of delivery dates and chasing outstanding orders.
It is expected that the successful candidate will offer:
- Ideally a Degree in an Engineering subject such as Mechatronics, Software, Electrical or Mechanical
- An understanding of a bespoke manufacturing and support services environment
- Full knowledge of material testing / test machines
- An understanding of servo hydraulics
- The operation of general workshop equipment
- Previous experience of working to international standards and Quality Management Systems
- Use of 3D CAD and/ or rapid prototyping tools
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint systems
- A knowledge of materials testing machines and servo hydraulics
Core responsibilities of this Senior Production & Design Engineer will include:
- To manage the production, electronics design and mechanical design departments, including technical challenges to particular designs where appropriate.
- Leading the drive for design efficiency through ensuring as much uniformity of design as practically possible.
- To coach members of the team and cross functional working groups that you are part of regularly, living out the group values. Active role in succession planning within your area of responsibility
- To oversee the accurate monitoring and continual improvement of stock levels/technical items in line with agreed procedures at all times, liaising with internal customers to amend/improve so the group do not fail on customer promise. Working with the financial controller on planned stock count and production of stock count procedures.
- The generation of instruction manuals and technical documentation on projects including FAT and SAT documentation.
- Being responsible for writing of work schedules and plans, ensuring these are fully in line with customer demands and business priorities, allocating these plans to the team and monitoring and evaluating at regular intervals
- Working with the engineering team to provide mechanical designs and drawings through use of 3D CAD/rapid prototyping tools/Solid Works for test lab, service and calibration, and production projects
- To maintain physical condition of production and associated areas by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- To ensure day to day activities are being carried out to a high standard and in the achievement of all site KPI's taking appropriate corrective action as necessary
- The planning, implementation and delivery of the quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily deliverables for the site against agreed objectives, reporting on these weekly and monthly
If keen to learn more about this role please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com for more information
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.