Job title: Senior Product Manager
Salary Range: Up to £45.00 per hour LTD
A fantastic Senior Product Manager opportunity has become available for our client who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
A vital role to join a Product management team that are responsible for all aspects of the Commercial input to the development, definition and implementation of product and business strategies. Through detailed market and segment analysis the role is central to ensuring a viable market positioning is defined and maintained.
Working closely with Design, Engineering, Finance and other Commercial functions to ensure product and service offerings remain competitive now and in the future, and that business commitments are / will be delivered. The Product Manager will also work closely with the whole Commercial team to ensure that all communications are aligned with the product specifications and competitive performance.
Success in role will be dependent on influencing and working cross-functionally with to set strategic targets for products during the Define phase.
The role is responsible for ensuring that product development within the category will achieve success in the market place. Product Managers are responsible for ensuring that products are a commercial success in market. The right person should be keen to work with large data sets and been happy with utilising data to make decisions and run market data reporting for the programme.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of automotive specific market analysis (for example spec adjusted pricing, segment and competitor analysis)
- Experience of Electrification issues, development and strategies in Automotive segments
Aside from the above, success in the role will be highly dependent on how the role holder applies thinking, approaches challenges and works with others.
- Thinks business: Genuinely interested in getting under the skin of how the business operates. Has at least a basic understanding of the core concepts that make for a successful product strategy. Develops thoughtful but pragmatic solutions.
- Strong analytical skills: Capable of logically de-constructing an issue or problem. Able to handle large data sets and provide quick, timely analysis in keeping with demanding time pressures for projects.
- Open and collaborative: Works well with cross functional teams to deliver against priorities. Personable and open style. Engages easily with external and internal colleagues, across different cultures and capabilities. Develops solutions that have the buy in of the relevant business areas.
- Persistent, challenging approach: Confident and skilled to challenge current working assumptions of others. Able to constructively question, present arguments and evidence, and influence others to revise their views.
- Effective communicator: Confident and credible when working with the entire range of people right across the business. Concise and articulate in communicating analysis and evidence, both written and verbally.
- Flexible: Will enjoy the challenge, of getting involved in a range of activities as priorities and requirements evolve. Equally happy and capable working independently on analysis or taking a more facilitative/leading role with others when needed.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.