Competitive salary and benefits
Senior Product Manager - South East
On behalf of an established medical devices Client based in the South East, we are seeking a Senior Product Manager to support ongoing market growth. The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering great products to improve peoples health & wellbeing and be driven by a desire to really make a difference.
Our Client requires a Senior Product Manager with existing knowledge of the medical device industry in the UK and internationally. Pharma & consumer marketing / web-based product experience is not suitable.
This role requires a strong marketing focus including brand strategy, critical thinking, tactical planning, budget management and successful goal delivery. The Senior Product Manager will have complete ownership of product performance and be responsible for driving business growth.
You will need to have experience of the modern marketing function developing brand strategy & tactical planning, while showing great budget & project management and seamless execution. You will have brought significant new products to market, working closely with R&D and manufacturing, with exciting and engaging marketing campaigns in a B2B environment.
Specifically, you will:
- Be accountable for managing your product range(s) to deliver against financial KPI's (margin growth, revenue growth, price)
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of the full product life cycle - from concept to obsolescence
- Create and execute business development and marketing plans for the growth of the product range in all relevant markets, working closely with management & cross functional teams
- Develop new product opportunities through great customer insight and clear definition of the solution to meet unmet needs.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of customers (drivers, pressures, decision-making processes, workflows, influencers, etc.) and the global marketplace
- Generation of value propositions and cost benefit analysis
- Development and deployment of strategy
- Working with the wider marketing team and marketing agencies to generate targeted content and promotion
- Developing and nurturing Key Opinion Leaders to support development of product specifications, prototype testing and clinical marketing insight
- Acting as a subject matter expert, influencing key business leaders/teams and the broader organization
In addition, you will need:
- At least 5 years' product management experience, working across multiple business functions, in a marketing centric organisation
- At least 3 years' experience in the medical device industry
- Upstream & downstream marketing experience
- Digital marketing experience promoting on multiple social media platforms
- Demonstrated success in taking market and customer feedback & turning this into new solutions and product strategy, delivered through great project management
- A degree or relevant experience in a marketing discipline
- Experience supporting sales, business development or key account management roles
The role needs a certain level of technical understanding of medical devices (electro/mechanical). You must be able and willing to travel in support of the role.
- CIM qualifications or demonstration of CPD
- High-tech product launch experience
- Clinical experience
- Hardware and software product development
- Experience working with data led solutions
- Experience in people management and/or mentoring
If you feel you have the experience and skills to support this role, then please apply directly of contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a confidential vacancy.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.