£65k per year + pension, bonus, car, medical
almost 2 years ago
Senior Manager – Fluids
Benefits: Pension up to 15%, attractive Management Bonus and Car allowance, private Medical to include family cover and Professional Institute fees.
An internationally regarded, UK Manufacturer based in Cambridge is looking to recruit a Senior Product Manager. This is a new role which will lead the product strategy for the highest profit contributing portfolio.
As a Strong Product Manager from a consumables background you will manage a dedicated fluids product management team, overseeing the Senior Product Management responsibility for the Core Coding and Marking inkjet fluids products (CIJ,TIJ, VIJ, PIJ). Knowledge of Coding & Marking is desirable however a similar industry where you are involved in the business to business sale of technical products is suitable.
What you will do:
- Network extensively with regional businesses as well as centres of excellence for R&D and operations to deliver a sustainable, profitable and regionalised portfolio on a global level. There will be a strong collaboration with a new pre-sales function to reinforce the correct positioning, messaging and promotion of fluids based on customer needs to drive fluids growth.
- You will have a significant input into the strategic direction of the fluid’s roadmaps under the direction of the Product Director. Together with the dedicated Product Managers for CIJ and DOD technologies you will be responsible for owning the integrated roadmap and managing the prioritisation within the business.
- Responsible for new product specification and introduction as part of the Domino product creation process. Leading the price optimisation of the portfolio in order to drive the Lifecycle management and extract maximum added value from the range
- Ensure alignment and good communication is maintained between the different functional groups (R&D, NPI, Manufacturing, Operations, Pre and Post Sales support, Pricing etc;)
- Supporting the fluids compliance agenda in transitioning from defensive to differentiated commercial position with close co-operation and co-ordination with the Group Compliance, Group Legal and Group Sales Directors.
- Product Management administration of new fluids through to successful product launch into the target sector(s) working with the relevant product managers, sector development managers and sector marketing managers.
- Degree or equivalent in Technical, Business Management or Marketing discipline.
- Considerable business to business experience in a product management role gained in a similar industry involved in the business to business sale of technical products.
- A strong product manager in consumables looking to develop their strategic planning, business planning and business acumen and global management skills with a view to progressing to a Senior Management.
- Technically aware and can effectively hold discussions with company technical employees and customers.
- The ability to manage, influence and co-ordinate a large multi-functional group is critical with experience of working within a multinational organisation with a matrix management culture.
- Strong Financial Skills – P&L, financial trend analysis, business case creation.
- Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Commercial and technical background.
- Business/Marketing Masters or CIM qualification would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Coding & Marking and inkjet in particular, although not essential, would be highly desirable.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.