£Comp + Bens
Technical Buyer - Electronics
£Competitve plus benefits
A Technical Buyer is required to be responsible for management of the electrical supply base to ensure the effective strategic supply of products and services are delivered to specification, schedule and in the most cost-effective manner to support a multi programme demand. Candidates with experience of carrying out commercial negotiations, including design and development, tooling and piece price and managing supplier selection would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading technology and engineering services business, based in Wantage, requires a proactive Technical Buyer to be responsible for delivery of conforming materials and parts, for new and existing products in conjunction with supplier quality assurance team, reporting against electronics and harness commodity strategy gaining consensus with internal and external stakeholders and the preparation and issue of tenders. As a Technical Buyer you will be required to:
- Provide cost and budget leadership, ensuring clear and accurate data into the programme BOM and will create associated reports for Senior Management
- Enabling and supporting the VE/VA and DFM process with Suppliers and Engineering to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery targets
- Working with the ERP system to raise purchase orders and ensure on time delivery
- Supporting the Quality Assurance team with the resolution of supplier quality concerns when non-conforming product is identified
- Responsibility for the coordination of NDA's with the supplier and legal team
- Chairing regular business and programme reviews with key suppliers ensuring strategic alignment is achieved
The Technical Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree or CIPS qualified
- Extensive experience of electronic components and/or electrical harness procurement is essential
- Ability to review and understand electrical technical proposals and specifications
- Experience in delivering complex multi-vendor strategy
- An awareness of SQA requirements & standards
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with excellent negotiation and influencing skills along with the ability to work under pressure in a strategic manner whilst establishing strong relationships both internally and externally. In return for your experience, this Wantage based technology and engineering service business will offer you:
- 26 Days holiday
- Excellent benefits package
No Certificate of Sponsorship is available . Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Technical Buyer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Buyer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.