Job title: Senior Process Engineer
Salary Range: £45,000 to £50,000 p/a
Industry: Engineering - Performance Products
A Senior Process Engineer is required with knowledge of NPI and/or Process Engineering ideally gained within the automotive sector.
Working for a global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy your role as Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for the Processes and Procedures associated with assembly of battery packs from concept to series production.
- Design, development and maintenance of manufacturing processes
- Development, implementation and operation of manufacturing processes documentation
- Specification and design of equipment layouts and material flows
- Specification, procurement, commissioning installation and maintenance of tooling and equipment required for battery pack assembly
- Support during industrialisation the production line tooling, equipment and End of line to support manufacturing processes.
- Facilitation and achievement of Prototype builds
- Development of assembly work standards
- Continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes to deliver to cost, quality and delivery performance targets
- To achieve quality standards in a series production environment
Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Experience of NPI and/or Process Engineering or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the objectives described above.
- Preferably gained within the automotive sector but other industries would be considered.
- Relevant experience within the supply chain of battery (or similar/related) systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of automotive technology and product development
- Hands-on experience of lean manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Understanding off relevant manufacturing methods and detailed drawing dimension
- Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 (and preferably ISO 26262)
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
This role involves regular travel to suppliers domestically and internationally.
In return for your experience, this West Sussex based consultancy company will offer you:
- c. £45,000 to £50,000 p/a + Benefits
If you have any questions about this role please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.