£Highly Competitive Rates
about 2 months ago
An Iconic Motorcycle British Brand is looking for experienced Senior / Powertrain Design Engineers to help them grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs, whilst learning and developing themselves.
The role of the Powertrain Engineer will be to design and develop a number of components and systems that make up the motorcycle. You will be responsible for your design areas from concept to production. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential
Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, a hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way. We're looking for driven engineers who share our passion for motorcycling.
Working as a Design Engineer your main responsibilities will include;
- First principles design and development of engine components and assemblies from concept through to production.
- Production of schemes for motorcycle powertrain components and assemblies using 3D CAD.
- Producing fully detailed drawings in CAD to BS 8888.
- Specifying component parameters including, materials, heat treatments, surface finishes and geometric tolerancing.
- Presenting design solutions as part of concept and design reviews.
- Releasing of new parts following the internal Design Change Procedure.
- Liaising with other Norton departments and external suppliers.
- Producing and updating engineers lists.
- Establishing and considering design aspects including;
- Manufacturing methods,
- Component duty cycles,
- Strength and fatigue calculations,
- Corrosion resistance and environmental conditions,
- Assembly process,
- Cost and supplier feedback,
- Cross platform commonisation,
- Component packaging, clearance checking and assembly analysis.
- Benchmarking of competitor applications, Departmental procedures.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
- A minimum of 2 years automotive experience with continual Pro-E or CREO experience is required, and 5 years+ experience for the senior roles.
- An Engineering qualification or equivalent (BEng Hons 2-1 or higher).
- An understanding of powertrain engineering principles.
- Be able to develop first principle engineering calculations to aid the design process.
- A knowledge of DFM, DFA and 8D problem solving analysis.
- Be experienced in materials and manufacturing processes such as machining, castings, forgings, pressings and welding.
To apply for these contract positions please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.