about 2 months ago
Senior Power Electronics Engineer – Motor Drive – Wiltshire - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a high-profile technology and product leader and is now seeking a talented Senior Power Electronics Engineer to design the next generation of power electronic motor drive systems. The successful applicant will join a world-leading Technical Research Team and will apply innovative thinking and creativity to develop the next generation of products for the global market.
As Senior Power Electronics Engineer – Motor Drive – You will be required to
- Evaluate the design of motor inverters and control for brushed and brushless DC, servo and stepper motors.
- Develop power system concept, prove key technologies and demonstrate system feasibility.
- Produce clear, well written documentation prior to handover to the development teams.
- Demonstrate designs are safe, robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume manufacture environment, through detailed laboratory testing, simulation and analysis.
- Working with different product teams to gain an in-depth product understanding, while using knowledge of the latest technologies to create innovative power electronics systems and solutions.
- Ensuring designs can comply with relevant EMC/EMI standards and modifying design where needed to ensure this is the case.
- Thermal management and safety requirement design of power electronics systems.
- Use of electronic simulation tools to gain detailed understanding of circuit behaviour.
- Creating electronics schematics and PCB layouts that meet product requirements and provide functional product prototypes.
- Strong lab skills to build and test prototypes with minimal supervision
As Senior Power Electronics Engineer – Motor Drive – You will be
- BEng/MEng degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Experience in motor inverter design and motor control, particularly brushless DC motors, servo or stepper motors
- General knowledge of power electronic devices, including silicon based IGBTs and MOSFETs and wide bandgap technologies
- Understanding of device characteristics and issues with switching behaviour in real circuits as well as power switch driver design
- Circuit simulation and design tolerance analysis
- PCB layout – size/cost minimisation while achieving layouts for inherently good EMC compliance and thermal design.
- Excellent team working and presentation skills.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.