GBP55000 - GBP55000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Job title: Senior Power Electronics Module Design Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
This role will be responsible for overall structure design of automotive power electronic products, as well as analysis and calculation during the design, define technical specifications for subunit, and manage deliverable results/reports.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Responsible for conception, scheming design of automotive power electronic products, evaluate the requirements for new products and determine the design plan.
- Research new integrated technology of automotive power electronic product, Responsible for R&D, verification of new technologies, structures, and promotion of product implementation;
- structure design of product, including 3D/2D drawings of assemblies and parts, as well as analysis and calculation during the design
- Responsible for structure related document output
- define product BOM list
- managing follow-up, modification and acceptance of molds making
- defining test methods for mechanical experiment
- conducting DEFMEA of power modules, formulate related documents according to APQP process
- making samples ,define the specification and test standard of structural material
- Structural sample testing, small batch trial production follow up and assessment
- Responsible for analyse the causes of the defective product and formulate corrective and preventive methods;
Core Skills and Education
- A Degree or equivalent in a mechanical mechatronics and other related subjects;
- At least 3 years of experience in R&D of automotive power electronic products
- Familiar with mechanical structure design, especially automotive converter structure design and manufacturing process.
- Familiar with mechanical design principles, force analysis and tolerance analysis, etc.
- Familiar with various common plastic and metal materials and the basic processing technology of them
- Has certain knowledge of plastic molds and metal molds
- Has certain knowledge of product surface treatment process
- Experience using 3D modelling software such as Solid Edge or other 3D design software
- Familiar with automotive APQP documentation (DFMEA, special feature list, etc.) is preferred
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.