Senior/ Principal Firmware Engineer
Basildon (After 1 year in Edinburgh)
*** UK EYES ONLY *** Due to the nature of the client's work for the UK MOD you MUST be a British Citizen at the point of application ***
Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability in the UK supporting customers in the Aerospace & Defence industry. We are looking for a Firmware Engineer (VHDL/Verilog) to support the growth of this team.
The Senior / Principal firmware engineer would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog.
The firmware engineer would work closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to provide firmware solutions and solve integration problems on complex systems.
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL-based designs
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Verifying firmware designs
- Ensuring configuration management/keeping designs under revision control
- Providing progress reports
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- At least 5 years' experience of developing firmware using VHDL or Verilog
- Experienced with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision
- Familiar with Xilinx / Intel (Altera) / Microsemi (Actel) ISE design flow and third-party synthesis tools
- Ability to analyse system and / or hardware level requirements and derive detailed Firmware requirements
- De-bugging firmware designs and supporting integration & verification at hardware and system level
- A good understanding of firmware version control and revision control software
- Ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the Project Engineering Lead / Lead firmware engineer & other disciplines
- Excellent communication (oral & written) & interpersonal skills
Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Development of real-time, embedded, safety-critical firmware, preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- Experience of firmware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- Relevant experience in the Aerospace or Defence industry
- Experience of embedded processor cores (e.g. ARM) in FPGA designs
- Independent verification using VHDL or SystemVerilog / UVM
- 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or another STEM-based subject
- UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
If you are eligible to apply (British Citizen) and meet the skills criteria then please apply now, or send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com now
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.