Senior / Principal Engineer – Automotive Electronics – Birmingham - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits DOE
A Senior / Principal Engineer – Automotive Electronics is required for a highly respected and innovative engineering research centre. Our client uses expert knowledge to provide a highly-respected engineering development service for a class-leading OEM.
As Senior / Principal Engineer – Automotive Electronics - you will be required to
- Support the development of Automotive Electronic Control Systems
- Support the development and delivery of electronic control architectures for diverse variants of powertrain architecture including hybrid vehicles.
- Support the build-up of an in-depth understanding of Electronic Powertrain Control System interactions across other vehicle systems
- Work within a team of engineers in the UK, and provide support to engineers based offshore
- Actively support effective communication with various teams to ensure that requirements are adequate and achievable.
- Working closely with the safety and diagnostic teams to ensure fault reaction strategy is both adequate and achievable
- Support the development of documented Test Procedures to effectively validate control strategies on both HiL Rig and prototype vehicles
- Work closely with multidiscipline teams to ensure right-first-time control systems.
As Senior / Principal Engineer – Automotive Electronics you will have
- A minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in automotive, control systems or Electronics
- Extensive experience of both Engineering Calculations and Simulation Tools, such as Mathcad and PSpice.
- An excellent working knowledge of Automotive Sensors, electrically controlled Actuators, Automotive Electronic Controllers with up to date knowledge of Electronic Components.
- Hands on experience of Integrating them within defined Control Systems to exacting Requirements.
- A proven track record of successfully having worked on such systems.
- You will have a sound understanding of the constraints related to Electronic Powertrain Control Systems such as: drive-ability, performance capability (dynamic and fuel economy), emission and regulation constraints within the Global Automotive Market.
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects in a fantastic facility.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electronics Engineer should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.