We are recruiting a Senior NPI Engineer for a Tier 1 supplier of automotive components to major OEMs, based in Redditch. The Senior NPI Engineer will effectively manage New Product Introduction (NPI) to meet all project requirements within specified time constraints and apply formal APQP and NPI Management processes to the introduction of new products and manufacturing processes.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Organise, coordinate and manage Product Introduction Management teams for specified projects to meet the company objectives.
- Generate timing plans (Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis) and conduct regular reviews with other members of the Company to monitor progress against plan for new product introduction programmes.
- Ensuring IATF16949 and other industry standards adherence.
- Promote the adoption of good professional standards of work by all engineers based on sound, accepted engineering principle and practice.
- Assist the Projects Manager to develop manufacturing processes for new products that fully meet all requirements for capability, capacity and cost.
Specific Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with automotive Customers, particularly JLR would be advantageous.
- A logical approach to problem solving with an ability to work well under pressure.
- High level of proficient written & verbal communication.
- Experienced and confident in liaising with suppliers and customers.
- Proven track record in specification and procurement of equipment in fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Totally conversant in NPI and APQP and its associated requirements.
- Must be organised, efficient & regimented.
- A professional Engineer, ideally degree educated
- Languages would be beneficial, particularly German.
- Full UK driving licence.
Please apply to the advert if you are interested in the role or call Katharine Bignell for more information.