Title: Senior Module Process Development Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: R&D Assemblies
Position based at: Birmingham Business Park
Our client has been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing Power Module and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining this leading technology company as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue with a major growth investment in the Birmingham area.
To support this growth plan, we are looking for a Senior Module Process Development Engineer to join the R&D Centre. - This new centre will be situated in Birmingham. Successful candidates will be comfortable with travel to Lincoln in the first two months until the brand new and industry-leading design and development complex is up and running in Birmingham.
This role will be responsible for power device packaging process development, in charge go the manufacturability design of power semiconductor module, including soldering process, USW process, wire bonding, gel filling.
- Responsible for the manufacturability design and review, including but not limit die attaching, soldering, wire bonding, USW, gel filling.
- Responsible for soldering process of power device packaging, to ensure the normal production of the soldering process
- Debug and optimize the soldering process to guarantee the soldering process meet the required specifications
- Participate in new packaging process development, such as soldering, silver sintering, TLP, etc., and promoting product implementation.
- Solve the existing process problem in production, improve yield and analyse defective products.
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of the process test plan;
- Development of equipment required for the packaging process;
- Assist structural engineers to design and process welding fixtures;
- Define working documents such as job instructions, inspection standards, equipment maintenance specifications, and related training for operators.
Core Skills and Education
- A Degree or equivalent in a microelectronics, semiconductor, physics, materials and other related subjects;
- At least 3 years of experience in R&D of power device packaging process
- Solid background in power device packaging process, microelectronics, semiconductor physics, and materials science.
- Familiar with various packaging processes and equipment
- Familiar with reflow soldering process
- Familiar with quality analysis and process solutions of various soldering products of power module
- Understand the failure analysis of the power module
- Know about Solid Edge or other 3D design software
- Understand the working principle and application of power devices
If you are interested in joining this pioneering EV development team, apply now or send your CV
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.