Job Title: Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer
Salary: Up to £38.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Diesel Engines
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for a Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer, who will be responsible for delivering all aspects of Mechanical Systems Technical Objectives, performance, reliability & durability. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications.
The Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer role involves:
- Leading the creation of engine system FMEA's
- Identification of System Integration requirements, cascade Product Objectives through to Technical Objectives, and performing system performance trade offs
- Identification of risks to product reliability and durability, proactively addressing issues in concept designs, and working with Simulation & Validation engineers to determine product capability
- Defining procedures to develop Technical Objectives using Machine & Engine data with analytics
- Identification of validation tests to address system level risks and delivery through both our onsite test facility and in application
- Ownership of complex system level Technical Issue resolution through data analysis & collaboration with design/development engineers
- Working with the Mechanical Systems Technical Project Lead to ensure that project meets time, cost and quality targets
To apply for this Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Understanding of engine systems, mechanical performance trade-offs, and technical issue resolution
- Experience of using Design FMEAs to manage product risks and manage validation requirements
- Strong design, development or simulation background
- Ability to analyse complex data with experience of engines or engine applications
- Engineering degree qualified with relevant industrial experience
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for details.