Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer
£44,000 to £52,000 depending on experience plus benefits
** Flexibility working may be considered**
A Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for a Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer, who will be responsible for delivering all aspects of Mechanical Systems Technical Objectives, performance, reliability & durability. They will contribute to the planning and delivery of the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications.
Senior role leading the creation of Engine System FMEA's, supporting risk identification, providing technical guidance on system integration and facilitating the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP&R).
You will work alongside a range of system and component specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, India and Japan.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Understanding of engine systems, mechanical performance trade-offs, and technical issue resolution
- Experience of using Design FMEAs to manage product risks and manage validation requirements
- Strong design, development or simulation background
- Ability to analyse complex data with experience of engines or engine applications
- Good communication skills, written & verbal
- Engineering degree
- Ability to lead and deliver through others
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques
Please contact James Tilley for more details.