Senior Mechanical Projects Engineer
In support of a Global engineering company’s growing technology capability in metal forming of complex assemblies, sub-assemblies and components, their Newcastle plant is both in a transition and growth phase and therefore requires an experienced Senior Mechanical Projects Engineer to support their ongoing activity.
Continuing their transition from the manufacturing of traditional metal spun ranges of products to high-specification, high-value aviation, space, medical, energy and defence solutions, innovation and NPD and NPI are core elements to supporting their ongoing growth. Coupled with investment in the plant over the next 5 years, this new role will be instrumental in supporting and delivering the challenges of today and tomorrow.
This position is seeking true engineering skills where ‘out of the box’ thinking and challenging the norm provide real excitement and development opportunity. The role is to provide first-class engineering and project management expertise centred on production engineering, technology acquisition, process improvements and design and analysis support. This is not a high-volume focused manufacturing activity, but specialist and not necessarily restricted to one sector or industry.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Push process knowledge forward via focussed studies and a data driven/analysis approach.
- Further extend the Company’s abilities with materials such as Inconel and Titanium Alloys, Aluminium alloys, aviation grade steels and provide engineering solutions.
- Provide technical lead/support on NPD and support the NPI Process.
- Ensure all customer technical requirements are incorporated into engineering documents and electronic data sets
- Work closely with customers technical representative to develop solutions that can be manufactured by the company.
- To provide technical lead/support for machine and process development projects
- To lead and manage mechanical design projects
- To perform engineering analysis as required
- To introduce new knowledge and capabilities to the company
- To liaise with subcontractors for engineering services that are required
- To lead project teams as required
- Evaluate, research and perform due diligence of new technology(s) under the direction of the team
Driving project ownership with a problem-solving approach internally and externally are core elements to this role. Having metal forming exposure is preferred due to the metal movement processes involved. However, tooling design and concept development expertise would also be desirable.
In summary, this autonomously focused role will work alongside a globally based and technically strong Group as well as customer base. Working with the established engineering team and supporting the organisation commercially and with some customer facing technology involvement, this role has an opportunity for growth within the Group.
Should you be interested in this position, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.