Senior Mechanical Process Engineer - Food and Pharma turnkey solutions - Birmingham base with some travel - Salary bracket £45k to £55k DOE.
The business trades upon its reputation and are recognised as one of the most professional companies in its sector. Trading for over 40 years the business has a world wide presence and boasts a very impressive portfolio of delivered projects for some of the largest names in food and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
As the Senior Mechanical Process Engineer (IMechE) you will be responsible for the design of process equipment based upon customer brief, the appropriate selection and delivery. You will be responsible for providing the mechanical process engineering aspect of customer capital projects within food, bio-pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical sectors.
A general overview of daily and weekly duties will consist of:
- Conduct conceptual design studies from client's briefs and produce schemes, philosophies and deliverables for a wide range of production systems and utility requirements.
- Assess mechanical project requirements, determine scope of work and project tasks with the Project Manager.
- Oversee the budget, man-hours and staffing of mechanical engineering tasks.
- Generate, develop and coordinate project documentation and ensure timely release.
- Develop, maintain and promote relevant standards, work flowcharts and documents.
- Operate as Package Owner for mechanical equipment, managing suppliers and interfacing with client.
- Generate and supervise preparation of Data Sheets for capital process equipment.
- Compose and review Technical System Specifications.
- Arrange Material Requisitions.
- Generate calculations to support design concepts.
- Devise Procurement Tender Packages and conduct Technical Bid Analysis from tender returns and technical documentation.
- Produce documentation to assist the manufacturing facilities and process environments.
- Undertake Design Reviews, Safety Reviews and formal Presentations.
- Coordinate and support Factory and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Liaise with Clients, Contractors, Suppliers, Group Offices and External Consultants.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably Chartered Engineer status (or working towards).
- Proven experience in mechanical process engineering and design work.
- Have direct project and sector exposure in pharmaceuticals, bio-pharmaceuticals or food.
- Preferably have experience in managing and mentoring other IMechE engineers.
- Proficient at interpreting and supporting generation of P&IDs, CAD models and plant layouts.
- Display a self-motivated and organised approach to work.
- Display a positive 'can do' attitude towards tasks, colleagues and multi-disciplined teams.
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams.
- Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels.
- Flexibility to travel as and when required to meet demands of clients and their projects.
If you are interested in forging a career with a true market leader and a business that prides its self on capability, professionalism and understanding as well as offering a great package such as pension contributions up to nearly 10% we want to hear from you. For more information and a confidential discussion over the business and opportunity please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.