5 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
A Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to support the delivery of projects and be an integral part of the MEP and Sustainability team. You will be responsible for the day to day management of projects including client management, deliverables and business development.
Due to increased workloads this client, a leading construction consultancy based in London, requires a proactive Senior Mechanical Engineer to be involved in a variety of roles, including design, advisory services, contract management and maintenance/asset management primarily of mechanical services in existing properties. The role will therefore include surveying of existing mechanical services in properties including commercial boilers, ventilation systems, water services (including booster pumps), renewable technologies etc. Most of the work is in the Housing Sector for Registered Providers and Local Authorities.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be required to:
- Represent the Practice at meetings with Clients and Contractors.
- Take a leading role in the design team managing a wide range of residential boiler replacements, term maintenance contracts and commercial fit out schemes.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Carrying out quality audits and pre/post inspection services.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Contract administration duties associated with maintenance contracts for water hygiene, communal boilers, booster pumps and renewables.
- Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Site inspections to ensure that works are completed in accordance with the design and specification requirements/workmanship standards required. Overseeing of testing and commissioning and checking of record drawings/operating and maintenance manuals.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies.
- Professional Bodies, you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council.
- Continuing education, the employee will be required to keep up to date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or building services discipline.
- Hold a BEng or BSc in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Hold/working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, EI).
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with proven experience in a similar consultancy role to develop your career.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Senior Mechanical Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.