Senior Mechanical Engineer- Structures- Rail
This new and exciting organisation is at the forefront of rail and rolling stock engineering, providing customers with the products and services to enable us all to benefits from a more sustainable railway. You will ensure that the mechanical and structural engineering aspects of rolling stock projects are successfully specified, validated and delivered and comply with Railway Group Standards.
What you will do:
• Visit potential customers’ sites to view damaged railway vehicles and assess scopes of work for Incident Repair Department
• Assist Project Manager in the preparation of cost and timescale plans for any reengineering project.
• Generate work instructions and repair procedures for the workshop and VAB (Vechicle Acceptance Body) authority to document repairs to railway vehicles.
• Ensure the risk associated with the mechanical and structural changes and repairs to rolling stock are understood, documented and managed.
• Ensure design changes and repairs comply with appropriate Railway Group Standards.
• Produce reports to justify the use of reverse engineering techniques to support obsolete materials or methods of production for replacement components.
• Manage the resolution of emerging technical issues arising out of the application of the changes.
• Collaborate with the Welding Engineering resource.
• Assist other departments within Geminin Rail Group regards to structural or design issues.
• Perform FEA analysis on 3D models produced by the other parties.
• Create 3D models and drawing for FEA analysis where required. (Solidedge and Ansys experience preferred but not essential).
• On project completion ensure that the Structural & Welding element of the “vehicle history book” is accurate, signed and that the content reflects the work undertaken, prior to customer handover.
What you will need:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Detailed knowledge of railway vehicle structural designs and build is preferred
• Must be prepared to pass a PTS (Personal Track Safety) course
For more information or to apply, please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.