almost 2 years ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Contract & Permanent
Aerospace & Defence
A Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to join the Mechanical design team within a market leading, innovative engineering solutions company that specialise in safety critical and high technology environments. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have technical expertise in the mechanical design and development of space or aerospace electronic products.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software, including 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose.
- Adhere to standards for mechanical engineering best practice.
- Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
- Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
Technical Skills and Experience required for The Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Hold a minimum 2.1 degree in Mechanical related discipline.
- Mechanical engineering detailed design experience from a defence or aerospace background including engineering design, numerical calculations and tolerance studies.
- Familiar with engineering software such as Creo and ANSYS.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience of solving problems in a design and development context.
This is an excellent opportunity mechanical engineering specialist to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Edinburgh based company will offer you:
- Cutting edge technical projects.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Competitive rate / salary and benefits package.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Mechanical Engineer, please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.