Senior Mechanical Engineer – Aerospace and Defence
Location: Dorset – Permanent - Attractive
A leading supplier of critical control systems within the aerospace and defence sector is in search of a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based at their site in Dorset. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead Aerospace development projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- An apprenticeship/degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent experience.
- A Good understanding of mechanical/electro-mechanical engineering in aerospace products.
- Experience of NPI/ new product design and development within an Aerospace environment.
- An understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft is desirable.
- An understanding of airworthiness and certification is highly desirable.
- Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Experience of the management of aerospace development projects.
- Understanding of the financial management of development projects.
- Understanding of systems engineering methods.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analysis in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project.
- Achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress.
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with internal processes.
- Work with Programme Management and manage technical risks.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance.
Security Clearance will be required for this position due to the nature of the Products involved.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or for further information on this role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446102 or email suitable CV’s
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.