about 1 year ago
Job title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Contract: Initial 3 months
Location: Royston, Hertfordshire
Industry: Battery Technologies
A number of Mechanical Engineering opportunities have become available for a global science and chemicals company and a leader in sustainable technologies.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer you will support the scale-up of eLNO cathode technology platform and be responsible for leading process design and equipment selection. Working within project teams under a matrix model, with other technical specialists and contractors to facilitate successful delivery.
Principal Accountability's include:
- You will be responsible for overall equipment mechanical design for the project. Ensure all relevant specification documents are prepared in adherence to Capex Projects procedures and agreed with the client.
- Ensure timely ordering, delivery, installation and commissioning of equipment, co-ordinating the delivery, installation and commissioning of multiple equipment items and multiple contractors.
- Ensure Sustainability is considered during the equipment and process design and preparation of Capital Expenditure proposals.
- Develop an understanding of industry best practice for energy and waste reduction.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is accountable for Standard and Philosophy definition and assurance.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering along with extensive experience as a Mechanical Engineer on a variety of projects.
- Experience in the scale-up of similar powder-processing technologies.
- Experience working in a matrix modelled, delivery-focused project environment.
- Experience with moisture-sensitive powders.
- Experience with Ni-based chemistries.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.