- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Expiry Date: 13 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59775
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Salary: Very Competitive
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide professional mechanical engineering services to the Stowmarket Site, supporting the compliance, projects and maintenance teams, acting as the resident expert for all mechanical aspects for the site.
- Carry out visual inspections of plant and equipment, specifying mechanical equipment requirements to assist the project and site teams, experience of working with the following is desirable, Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Piping, Valves, Storage Tanks, Compressed Air and Nitrogen Systems.
- Arrange with external inspection suppliers to carry out storage tank and pipework inspections
- Plan and arrange tank repairs to be carried out by approved third party contractors.
- Liaise with Operations, Planning and Engineering to arrange plant availability for inspections.
- Participate with other members of the Engineering and EHS Team with HSE interventions.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for mechanical fixed equipment
- Own the development and implementation of systems and procedures for Mechanical Integrity programmes
- Degree/HNC level qualification in mechanical engineering with significant experience of engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Piping, Valves, Storage Tanks, Compressed Air and Nitrogen Systems is desired.
- Experience of using AutoCAD is desired or willingness to learn
- Experience of compliance on an Upper Tier COMAH site is
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management including HAZID, LOPA and ALARP studies
- Credible and confident, with the ability to present plans and requirements to the senior management team.
- Understanding of the standards relating to hazardous areas and installing equipment in potentially explosive atmospheres!
Commutable from Stowmarket, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Thetford and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.