over 1 year ago
Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- We are currently recruiting for our client for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work at their site in Newtown, the role will be responsible for all mechanical design aspects of new product development projects and will be part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- The role will entail working as part of a larger team on significant projects or taking on smaller design challenges independently as and when required.
- The mechanical engineering aspect of drives design involves a wide-array of technologies which encompass: plastics, metal die-casting, extrusions, sheet metal, stress analysis, thermal management techniques and analysis, electrical interconnect reliability, safety & regulatory engineering, design for robustness & value engineering.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include:
- Technical leadership of mechanical design projects.
- Creation of technical specifications from user requirements and relevant industrial standards.
- Concept design, modelling and development of new parts, assemblies and drawings; with emphasis on manufacturability, ease of assembly, reliability and cost whilst meeting performance requirements.
- Specify materials, components and systems to meet the product requirements.
- Daily interaction with engineers from multiple disciplines to develop the mechanical aspects of sophisticated power and control electronic products and systems.
- Thermal and mechanical simulation (FloTherm, Ansys Mechanical) - training can be provided if required.
- Preparing concise and clear technical documentation, reports and drawings.
- Presenting, discussing and justifying design concepts and ideas.
- Mechanical prototyping and evaluation.
- Work with internal and external parties during the product development and manufacturing rollout.
- Manage and facilitate product testing e.g. shock and vibration, ingress protection.
- Contribute to technical design reviews, constructively critique and challenge others' designs.
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Minimum of 4 years mechanical design experience in a similar or related field.
- Design experience of: Electronic/electrical products, connectors, die casting, injection moulding, sheet metal, extrusions, heatsinks, PCBA packaging, connectors.
- Thermal design experience advantageous.
- Experience of working with and interpreting product and safety standards.
- Skilled user of 3D CAD (PTC Creo preferred but not essential).
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment