over 1 year ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required within an established and growing engineering company, offering a complete turnkey solution from design and manufacture to installation, commissioning and on-going maintenance. The new candidate will be joining a strong, highly motivated and successful team, who will play a critical role in the progression of the business. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about their work and can develop and grow within the role.
The role of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Conceptual design, prototyping and testing of new products
- Continuous improvement / value engineering of existing products
- Provision of test support
- Delivery of technical training
- Liaison with suppliers on technical aspects of integration of new products in to product range
- Compile supporting technical documentation
The suitable candidate for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role will need to possess the following competences:
- Relevant degree or demonstrable experience working in a relevant product design and development environment.
- Experienced Solidworks user.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes (e.g. machining, extrusion, plastic and alloy moulding, MIM, pressed metal powder and sheet metalwork etc.)
- Design of mechanical and electromechanical devices (e.g. small gear boxes, motors, etc.)
- Experience if Rapid prototyping, and additive manufacturing.
- Project management of whole product development cycle
- Design development from concept to series production
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of design engineering and electromechanical devices and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .