A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join a leading, defence manufacturing and development company specialising in the land and marine defence vehicle sectors. The successful candidate will be joining to design and develop gearbox components and assemblies.
Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Engineering Design of geared transmission systems and components.
- Liaising with customers to define and interpret requirements and present solutions.
- Design of test equipment
- Development of new and re-engineering of existing designs for new applications.
The the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Extensive design skills using 2D & 3D CAD, preferably Solid Edge.
- A good understanding of manufacturing, materials and processing techniques.
- Experience working in a high integrity industry such as defence, automotive, nuclear or aerospace.
- Degree qualified din an engineering discipline.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a mechanical knowledge of transmission or gearbox systems to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Yorkshire based company will offer you:
- A salary of up to £45,000
- The opportunity to work on dynamic marine and defence projects.
- Flexible benefits package
Interviews for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.