A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join a leading, aerospace manufacturing and development company specialising in the civil and military electronics sectors. The successful candidate will be joining to design and develop of enclosures and packaging for avionics and instrumentation.
Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Providing mechanical design input to develop new mechanical items or improving existing ones.
- Value analysis during the product design phase while optimising product development costs.
- Technical support for new projects and evaluation of the requirements and implications.
- Acts as a lead, providing knowledge and expertise for colleagues
The the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Considerable experience in the design and development of mechanical enclosures and packaging for complex electronics and instrumentation preferably in the aerospace or defence sectors.
- Expert level knowledge of 3D & 2D CAD design.
- Experience in the analysis of thermal, vibration and stress environmental effects.
- Minimum HND qualified in Mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a mechanical knowledge of electronic equipment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Hampshire based company will offer you:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Health plan
- The opportunity to work on exciting cutting-edge aerospace projects
Interviews for the the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.