- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Jeff Lane
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384446108
- Expiry Date: 08 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61534
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Motorsport and Automotive
£50,000 - £60,000 plus Benefits
We are currently working with a motorsport and high-performance vehicle specialist to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. The main responsibilities will be to design and develop Powertrain systems, assemblies, and components to ensure specified performance criteria and deadlines are met. This will primarily focus on ICE systems but the successful candidate will also be developed to support and lead the mechanical aspects of battery and HV system projects as demand requires.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge high voltage technology powertrain developments.
- A competitive salary and benefits, working for a technical consultancy with a background in both motorsport and high-performance road cars.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Design and development Mechanical and ICE Systems for powertrain applications producing details drawings, calculations and design specifications for new and advanced products/systems.
- Analysis design integrity and functionality, recommend improvement and support test plans during development phases.
- Lead powertrain projects from initial concept to sign off, liaising with customers to ensure objectives and milestones are achieved working with other departments and cross functional teams.
- Liaise closely with the electrical & Vehicle engineering teams to ensure the design is optimised at a vehicle level.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will have:
- A degree in Mechanical or similar Engineering subject
- Proven experience in an automotive or motorsport applications as part of an OEM, Tier 1 or consultancy
- Experience with Powertrain and ICE Systems design and an in-depth knowledge of the interactions between engineering disciplines to deliver a high quality product
- Knowledge of CAD (NX/Catia/CREO), DFMEA, DFM, FEA and GD&T
Suitably qualified and experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineers should apply directly or by contacting Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.