about 2 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to support the delivery of residential/mixed-use projects. Candidates with detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a leading construction consultancy based in London, requires a proactive Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to be responsible for managing projects, influencing design and quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multi-disciplinary design teams as the MEP project lead
- Develop and present project design proposals to the project team and client
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations
- Prepare high quality information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation
- Maintain regular contact with all clients
- Report resource and financial information to group Partners
- Identify opportunities for new services and company development.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or building services discipline
- Extensive experience of delivering residential and mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy
- Detailed knowledge of key Building Regulations (Part L, F, P, B) and CIBSE Guides (TM59, CP1)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with proven experience in a similar consultancy role to develop your career.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.