Senior Mechanical Design Engineers
We are looking for 4 Contract Senior Mechanical Design Engineers for initial 6 month contracts that are anticipated to be extended, for a leader in engineering services and solutions who partner with the most trusted names in Aerospace Engineering. This is for a world renowned Aerospace company based in Pitstone Buckinghamshire.
- To support the Design engineering activities on R and T projects from the concept stage through development and qualification test and into technology readiness.
- To produce Design Schemes, including CAD models, assemblies and 2D drawings for concept and detail designs of electrical machines as well as design assurance documentation including ERN's and Design Reports.
- To carry out design calculations to support concept and detail designs.
- To liaise closely with other teams such as stress, manufacturing, sourcing and configuration for new designs or design changes.
- Lead the necessary gateway reviews and provide PIP process guidance to more junior designers.
- Monitor progress and ensure satisfactory milestone compliance and arrange and run design reviews to the end clients Electrical and Power design procedures.
- To support the Lead Engineer and assist other team members in completion of their activities
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in Aerospace Industry (rotating componentry, e.g. Gearboxes, Turbines, Actuation Systems, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of Electrical Machines (Generators / Motors)
- Experienced user of 3D CAD Packages (ideally Siemens NX)
- Experienced in creating and checking drawings
- Good understanding of ANSYS packages (or similar)
- Good understanding of MS Project (or similar)
- Negotiable dependent upon experience - Contract.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.