Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
about 2 years ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineers
We are looking for 4 Contract Senior Mechanical Design Engineers for initial 6 month contracts that are anticipated to be extended, for a leader in engineering services and solutions who partner with the most trusted names in Aerospace Engineering. This is for a world renowned Aerospace company based in Pitstone Buckinghamshire.
- To support the Design engineering activities on R and T projects from the concept stage through development and qualification test and into technology readiness.
- To produce Design Schemes, including CAD models on Seimens NX for assemblies and 2D drawings for concept and detail designs of electrical machines as well as design assurance documentation including ERN's and Design Reports.
- To carry out design calculations to support concept and detail designs.
- To liaise closely with other teams such as stress, manufacturing, sourcing and configuration for new designs or design changes.
- Lead the necessary gateway reviews and provide PIP process guidance to more junior designers.
- Monitor progress and ensure satisfactory milestone compliance and arrange and run design reviews to the end clients Electrical and Power design procedures.
- To support the Lead Engineer and assist other team members in completion of their activities
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in Aerospace Industry (rotating componentry, e.g. Gearboxes, Turbines, Actuation Systems, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of Electrical Machines (Generators / Motors)
- Experienced user of Siemens NX
- Experienced in creating and checking drawings
- Good understanding of ANSYS packages (or similar)
- Good understanding of MS Project (or similar)
- Negotiable dependent upon experience - Contract.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.