We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Process Engineer (Injection Moulding) for an excellent role with a forward thinking and successful company based in South Essex.
This is a hands on role where you will lead, support and deliver robust injection moulding solutions for manufacturing. This will include commissioning and sign off qualification of injection moulding processing equipment in accordance with internal and external requirements.
You will also be responsible to provide support for fault finding for new and existing moulded parts as well giving recommendations and researching exploring appropriate process technologies for plastic injection moulding.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead moulding activities the 3 specific plastic injection moulded parts through to commercial launch.
- Facilitate installation and qualification of mould tools, moulding machines, ancillary equipment and service requirements for their installation and operation.
- Set up new manufacturing area from a process perspective and in doing so identify and implement process appropriate operational instructions and process controls (efficiency, quality, cost effectiveness).
- Use of experience to resolve technical and process issues and establish running conditions in a quick and efficient manor to meet project timescales.
- Management of project activities in accordance with project schedule and budget.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure required support is provided to meet project objectives.
- Document project activities and equipment qualification work in accordance with internal processes
- Support integration of new technologies in plastic injection moulding and process.
- Provide support for training / development of engineering resources.
- Provide regular and accurate up to date work planning and reports for project related activities. For instance managing keeping technical manager up to date with a weekly task list and appropriate technical updates
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability / responsibility for successful and timely completion of activities.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and practices through appropriate communication, training and education of sound quality assurance principles.
Skills and experience:
- Plastic injection moulding technologies, mould tool designs and process development knowledge and experience.
- Problem analysis, fault finding on injection mould tools and equipment.
- Design of Experiment for plastic injection moulding process development.
- Structured and controlled working practices with clear and accurate documentation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Project management skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritise work
Salary is negotiable and there are some good opportunities for advancement for the right person.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and successful company.
This is an urgent role, so if you fit the spec then please apply immediately.