£Comp + Bens
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - NPI
£Competitive plus benefits
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for bringing exciting new products to market, right from the design stage through to mass production. Candidates with experience in a New Product Introduction environment that have experience, or the ability, of managing a small team would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, an award-winning personal mobility manufacturer based in Greenford, requires a proactive Senior Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for productionisation of new products. As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Manage product launch readiness for Manufacturing Engineering to ensure deliverables are met to plan
- Produce production impact analyses for the suggested designs, analysing the effects on the whole factory and distilling this to a few key KPI's, such as the cost to manufacture
- Take the prototype designs and develop suitable manufacturing procedures, including automated processes where deemed necessary.
- Perform verification trials and evaluate the ease and repeatability of the manufacture of new products
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team, reporting out program status and preparing gate review documents for leadership team
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering subject
- Experience launching new product(s) within a manufacturing environment
- Project management skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks, while striving for long-term improvements
- Problem solving experience using Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC or other techniques
- Exceptional self-motivation and a pro-active confidence needed to identify and prioritise work
- Good communication skills and the ability to produce clear, precise work instructions
- Knowledge of Health and Safety law and best practice
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good technical knowledge of LEAN principles and other manufacturing theories to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Greenford based company will offer you:
- A choice of working hours, including a 9-day fortnight (i.e. every other Friday off)
No Certificate of Sponsorship is available for this role. Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Senior Manufacturing Engineer in an NPI environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.