Salary: £27,000 p/a
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced machinist to work for our client at their site in Bristol and will be responsible for meeting the order book and customer requirement on time and in full.
- The role will be all aspects of Programming, Setting and Operating HAAS Milling machinery and CNC Turning Centres.
- Capable and competent of programming, setting and operating HAAS milling and turning CNC centers for low volume and highly variable production
- Achieving a high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Working with large scale fabrications and setting these on an Elga Mill with an axis of 6M x 2M x 2M and the use of manual Centre Lathes up to 1200mm swing x 2000mm length, achieving high degree of accuracy but also critical aesthetic finishes.
- Highly competent in interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications, able to support others with less experience /competency
- Design of simple tools and fixtures to aid machining
- Ability to undertake some inspection when required
- Time served machinist with engineering skills and experience of at least 5 years with CNC (fully & Semi-automated) and manual machining
- Working with stainless steel and other exotic alloys in a quality assurance environment working to demanding specifications often under client supervision
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Views deadlines as being set and not flexible
- Good time management skills and flexibility of working hours will be required during busy periods.
- Good work ethic / work rate with reliable and consistent results.
- A good and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to undertake some limited supervisory duties if required.
- Ability and willingness to work safely, to protect the safety of others and to proactively engage in all safety issues in the workplace.
We expect interest in this role to be very high due to the opportunity it provides and its autonomous nature. Interviews will be held in early February so if you feel you have the qualities to succeed in this Customer Support role apply now. If you have any questions regarding the position, contact Lee Elwell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 44154 or Email