Job title: Lead Material Planner - late shifts
Salary Range: c. £38,000 per annum + attractive benefits package
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Are you an experienced Material Planner looking for a new and exciting challenge? We are looking to recruit high calibre individuals with passion and energy to deliver in a fast paced, demanding environment. An opportunity as Lead Material Planner to join one of the world's most respected and iconic luxury automotive brands at an exciting time in the company's history.
You will lead a team of Material Planners to ensure material is available to support the build plan and any risks to supply are highlighted and resolved to minimise the risk to production.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
As Lead Material Planner, you will ensure:
- Parts are available to meet minimum safety stock levels
- Identify issues and act to minimise the impact to production.
- Where shortages arise, swift action is taken to minimise the impact on production and solutions are communicated to all impacted stakeholders
- Issue resolution for shortages that result in the prevention of repeat issues
- Ensure supplier performance data is captured and updated in SPRS for line stoppages, miss fits & arrears to support corrective action plans and supplier selection process.
- Supplier demand is forecast and communicated to the supply base; proactive discussions take place to predict and prevent issues impacting production.
- Recover costs incurred as a result of supplier failure back from the supply base.
- Minimise the need for direct deliveries (rather than planned pick-ups) and emergency shipments
- Manage the emergency delivery budget
- Liaise with aftermarket parts business to supply parts where this is commercially viable
We are seeking an experienced Material Planner who can offer:
- Material planning experience gained within a demanding, volume manufacturing environment.
- Extensive team management capability.
- ERP systems experience.
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Automotive manufacturing experience.
- Good experience of MS Office knowledge (with emphasis on Excel).
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Material Planner with team management skills. In return for your material planning experience, this Warwickshire based iconic Automotive OEM will offer you:
c.£38,000 + Attractive Benefits package plus career development and the opportunity to work for one of the world's most iconic luxury brands. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SHIFT BASED ROLE 8.15PM - 6.30AM
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of material planning and a proven track record of managing a team, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Material Planning role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162.