Senior Key Account Manager Aerospace - Europe
Our client is a globally recognised in the supply of added-value CNC based equipment across a range of sectors, in particular aerospace. To provide further leadership and direction to the overall marketing and sales activities across Europe including the continuation of the successful business development strategy within the European Aerospace sector, our Client is seeking a European (non-UK) based Senior Key Account Manager.
The role will include developing and retaining long-term relationships with major aerospace supply chain manufacturers by serving as the top-level liaison between the Customer and our Client to ensure timely implementation of all customer activities including proposal, development projects, OEM and end user support as well as liaison.
The Senior Key Account Manager will have significant revenue generating responsibility for capturing new business and capitalizing on existing business. Working in a matrix structure to develop close working relationships with sales, service and engineering staff in the regional operational divisions, to promote company technologies, products, and services to expand customer needs.
- Serve as the Aerospace sector expert, maintaining and utilising extensive sector experience and knowledge of current and future trends to provide leadership and direction to regional sales teams as well as the corporate Application, Services and Engineering functions.
- Serve as the liaison and facilitator at all levels to ensure a structured and strategic market penetration, resolving issues and assuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide proactive internal and customer-focused capture strategies to align multiple divisions in the pursuit of new opportunities. Encompasses pricing, competition, SWOT analysis and taking responsibility for the actions to position operational regions for wins.
- Develop program and market objectives by reviewing customer requirements and conferring with regional and corporate teams. Evaluate and provide region/corporate with performance feedback to ensure goals and results meet schedule, cost, and technical expectations.
- Develop and maintain extensive industry contacts (suppliers, customers, competitors) at all levels to support market awareness and the generation of opportunities.
- Identify business development opportunities by studying competitor products, technical problems, market intelligence and trends.
- Develop specific plans with Regional Sales for effective prospecting in the sector in a way that is aligned to agreed strategies and sales processes.
- Acts as primary consultant to manage significant customer issues, including training and mentoring accordingly.
To support this strategic position, you should have detailed experience in technical sales, marketing and customer interaction within Aerospace manufacturing including high-level marketing and program management for major customers.
In addition, you should have detailed awareness of relevant industry specifications and programmes as well as an ability to develop and lead strategic sales activity. An in-depth understanding of contractual terms and financial modelling is required along with operational management exposure in production of structural components and/or engine parts using machine tools. You will need to be multilingual preferably English, French or German and be able to travel through Europe.
If you feel you have the experience and direct sector awareness required, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath () in confidence.