11 months ago
We are currently working with a defence electronics specialist that are looking to strengthen their IT Team by adding a Senior IT Support Engineer. This position will involve providing support to the Gloucester based site providing technical support for network infrastructure and UK based servers.
The successful candidate will have technical competency in IT networking and infrastructure systems and have previously worked on Microsoft Servers and Exchange.
IT Support Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the company network and infrastructure including firewalls, switches and WiFi access points.
- Provide back-end Microsoft Server infrastructure support for all UK locations.
- Maintain and monitor company mobile and land-line telephone systems.
- Support the engineering function with technical IT matters.
Technical Skills and Experience required for IT Support Engineer
- Microsoft Server and Client infrastructure knowledge including Exchange.
- Experience supporting virtualised servers/ environments (VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Strong understanding of LAN, WAN, VLANs, routing and Firewalls (Aruba networking and Palo Alto Firewalls an advantage).
- Previous in depth experience of third line technical support.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Gloucestershire based company will offer you:
- Flexible benefits scheme.
- Relocation allowance (dependent on circumstances).
- Competitive basic salary.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered
We are specialists in Aerospace, Defence and Aviation jobs. If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Technologist then contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.